97 tracks on 4 CDs: He was said to have a voice as big as the state in which he was born. Texas Alexander was born in Texas in 1900 and loved playing on stage or at the club while singing. Often he sang unaccompanied, but there were also many collaborations with musicians such as Lonnie Johnson, Eddie Lano, King Oliver, Lightnin 'Hopkins, Johnny Beck and Lane Hardin. He died in 1954 and his music fell into oblivion. But his fame was revived by the great blues revival in the 60s. A man and his music - 97 songs!
Blues Music Magazine is published four times a year. January, April, July, and October.
ATTENTION NEW SUBSCRIBERS: Please allow 8 to 12 weeks for your first issue to arrive. Blues Music Magazine is published four times a year. Thank you for becoming a member!!
ATTENTION RENEWAL MEMBERS: Please use the email address associated with your current account. If you use a different email address the system will create a new account and you may receive double copies.
If you need to change your email address please click the image below and submit the web form.
1. WhatS That I Smell: Georgia Tom/Hannah May
2. Pussy Cat, Pussy Cat: Hannah May
3. Gas Man Blues: Mae Glover/John Byrd
4. Banana in Your Fruit Basket: Bo Carter
5. SheS Got Jordan River in Her Hips: R.T. Hanen
6. Terrible Operation Blues: Georgia Tom/Jane Lucas
7. The Best Jockey in Town: Lonnie Johnson
8. Bed Spring Poker: Mississippi Sheiks
9. How You Want It Done: Big Bill Broonzy
10. Lollypop: Hunter & Jenkins
11. DonT Give My Lard Away: James Stump Johnson
12. In Here with Your Heavy Stuff: Isabel Sykes
13. Southern Can Mama: Blind Willie McTell
14. My Butcher Man: Memphis Minnie
15. Dresser with the Drawers: Carl Rafferty
16. (WhoS Gonna Do Your) Sweet Jelly Roll: Whistling Rufus
17. She Showed It All: Napoleon Fletcher
18. Pipe Layin Blues: St Louis Jimmy
19. Steady Grindin Blues: Dorothy Baker
20. Bed Springs Blues: Jimmie Gordon
21. I Let My Daddy Do That: Hattie Hart
22. MouseS Ear Blues: Cliff Carlisle
23. Mashing That Thing: Bo Carter
24. Jockey Man Blues: Memphis Minnie
25. Pig Meat Papa: Leadbelly